Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Almost good news

Jody had the CT scan last Tuesday the 6th. They were supposed to compare in with the one from Omaha, but they slipped up and it didn't get done until this Monday. She has had 3 CT scans now.  When they compared Scan 1 and 2 there was significant growth they said.  Between 2 and 3 There was maybe no growth.  So maybe perhaps that is good news.  From the lab report the red white hemoglobin and the platelets looked pretty good.  I found out the blood report has another thing that is interesting.  It is called 19-9 test.  I Think they said this some kind of Cancer marker.  Said the numbers were down a little.  When I got home looked on the reports that I could fine.  About 6 weeks ago the number was 70.  Two weeks it was 45.  1 week ago it was 42.  So I think that is good.  It will be Tuesday when I see this week's report.  We went in Tuesday for more chemo.  Didn't get away from there until nearly 5:00PM.  Makes a long day for Jody.  We go back again Tuesday for more chemo and then a week off.


Jody still gets tired and needs a nap each day.  Seems like she is needing fewer of the 3 hour pain pills.  Still has the 3 day pain patch on.

I just hope this shows that the growth has stopped or at least slowed way down.  Time will tell.

Until next week.  

Glenn

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like really good news! We're happy to hear something positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of you both a lot and please know we love and pray for you both! Give Jody a tender hug for me!!

    ReplyDelete